Within the limit of NOK 6,000 you are allowed to bring with you the following articles free of customs and excise duty:
(minimum age 18/20*)
- 1 litre of beverages with more than 22 % up to and including 60 % alcohol per volume as well as 1½ litre with more than 2.5 % up to and including 22 % alcohol per volume or 3 litres with more than 2.5 % up to and including 22 % alcohol per volume
- 2 litres of beer with more than 2.5 % or other beverages with more than 2.5 % up to and including 4.7 % alcohol per volume.
This means that you may for example bring with you 5 litres of beer provided you do not have with you any other alcoholic beverages.
*For importing alcoholic beverages with more than 22 % alcohol per volume the minimum age is 20.
(minimum age 18)
200 cigarettes or 250 g of other tobacco products and 200 leaves of cigarette paper.
Meat, meat products, milk and milk products
Meat, meat products, cheese and foodstuffs except dog and cat food, totalling 10 kilos altogether from EEA countries. From countries outside the EEA, it is prohibited to bring meat, meat products, milk and milk products with one in one’s luggage. Such products must be imported through a veterinary border control station, and the goods must be accompanied by a health certificate.
Special provisions govern the importation of animals. Dogs, cats and ferrets from all EU countries except Sweden must have pet passports, ID marking, valid rabies vaccination, and valid blood-test documentation (does not apply to ferrets). Dogs and cats must also be given approved tapeworm treatment during the week before and the week after importation.
Smalll rodents, cage birds and rabbits must have valid import permits issued by the Norwegian Food Safety Authority.
When entering Norway you are allowed to bring with you Norwegian and foreign bank notes and coins at a total value of NOK 25,000. If the currency you are carrying exceeds this amount it has to be declared on a form available from the customs authorities. There is no limit on travellers’ cheques.
It is prohibited without special permission to import the following:
- Drugs, medicines and poisons (minor quantities of medicine for personal use are permitted)
- Alcohol over 60 % per vol.
- Weapons and ammunition
- Mammals, birds and exotic animals
- Plants/parts thereof for cultivation
For further information about customs regulations when entering Norway, please contact the Norwegian Customs and Excise.