An area of unique natural beauty, the Vesteralen archipelago lays claim to a diverse range of hiking and wildlife opportunities. A leisurely nine night self-drive is a relaxed way to explore everything that these islands have to offer.
Departing from Evenes, you will do little more than collect your rental car before heading out into the spectacular Vesteralen archipelago. Beginning with three nights in Sortland, there is plenty of opportunity to enjoy the fantastic hiking for which the area is known. From here we suggest a visit to the historic village of Nyksund where you can take a kayaking tour or don hiking boots and enjoy a coastal walk.
From Sortland, you will follow the picturesque drive to Svolvær, where you will spend two nights in the quaint seaside village. Kayaking and cruising through the islands is a popular way to see the scenery here.
Next, it is on to Reine, from where you can explore the fishing villages which epitomise the islands. A hike to the stunning mountain point above the bay is worth the effort.
Next on the itineary is Harstad for an overnight stop prior to your trip ending back in Evenes.
• Return flights between London Heathrow and Evenes via Oslo
• Airport taxes and charges
• 3 nights hotel accommodation in Sortland on a breakfast basis
• 2 nights hotel accommodation in Svolvær on a breakfast basis
• 1 night hotel accommodation in Harstad
• 3 nights accommodation in Hamnoy on a self-catering basis
• 9 days standard category vehicle rental with Sixt Car Rental (Opel Astra or similar), including unlimited mileage, CDW and tax
• Any excursions as suggested in the travel itinerary
• Meals, unless otherwise specified
• Fuel and any additional car insurance upgrades