Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Geirangerfjord is one of the most scenically stunning of the Norwegian fjords. Measuring just 15 km long and with its clear waters, breathtaking waterfalls, fertile mountain ledges and prestine beauty, it is also one of the most visited.
That 7-night holiday combines Ålesund – the jewel of the fjords and an architectural gem – and the Geirangerfjord.
Encompassing legendary fjords, towering mountains and a varied coastline this region has much to offer the visitor - fjord cruises, bird-watching; the Trollstigen mountain pass and excellent walking trails to name but a few of the attractions.
The clearly marked trails in the region reward walkers with breathtaking panoramas and the silence of nature. Trails include:
• Hike to Godoyfjellet Mountain from Alnes (near Ålesund);
• Hikes in the Sunnmore Alps (near Ålesund);
• Hike to the Skagefla mountain farm from Geiranger;
• Hike to the Storseterfossen waterfall from Geiranger;
• Hike to Losta where the view of the Geirangerfjord is fantastic
The price includes:
• Return flights to Ålesund
• 3-nights Bed and Breakfast at the First Hotel Atlantica in Alesund (Standard room)
• 4-nights Bed and Breakfast at the Hotel Union in Geiranger (Standard room with fjord view)
• Car hire for the duration of the holiday (Group A – VW Polo with air-conditioning or similar)