Stretching 179 km from the North Sea, the Hardangerfjord is familiarly known as the ‘orchard of Fjord Norway’ as its waters are lined with an abundance of fruit trees and farms. Majestic mountains and roaring waterfalls complete this natural paradise.
That 7-night holiday to the Hardangerfjord offers the perfect opportunity to explore this remarkable region on foot. Marked walking trails, to suit all abilities, are in abundance with each immersing the visitor in beautiful and unspoilt nature.
• A walk through the fruit orchards of Lofthus;
• A walk along the Elvaden river valley to see the Rjodneboise and Skrikjo waterfalls powerfully falling down the mountainsides;
• A hike to the Hardangervidda National Park - spectacular views from the summit;
• A hike in the Husedalen valley
• Glacial walking on the Folgefonna Glacier, Norway’s third largest glacier.
The price includes:
• Return scheduled flights to Bergen
• 7-nights Half Board accommodation at the Hotel Ullensvang in Lofthus (Standard room)
• Car hire for the duration of the holiday (Group A – VW Polo with air-conditioning or similar)