The fjord region of Norway is a delight to tour with awe-inspiring views, glacial landscapes and fascinating museums at every turn.
Combine Bergen, the gateway of the fjords with the fjord-side villages of Flåm and Balestrand.That 7-night holiday to the Sognefjord - by public transport - offers the perfect opportunity for exploring Norway’s longest and deepest fjord and its surrounding landscape on foot.
A wealth of marked walking trails and outdoor activities are available. Trails include:
• Hike to Gudmedalen in the Flåmsdalen Valley – including a journey on the famous Flåm Railway
• A hike on the Navvies Road which winds its way down the hillside to the village of Flåm and offers wonderful views of the Aurlandsfjord
• A hike to the Prest summit from Flåm with panoramic views from the summit
• Hiking trails through the village of Balestrand
• Glacial walks in the Jostedalsbreen National Park
The price includes:
• Return scheduled flights to Bergen
• 2-nights Bed and Breakfast accommodation at the Grand Hotel Terminus in Bergen (Standard room)
• 3-nights Bed and Breakfast accommodation at the Hotel Flamsbrygga in Flåm (Standard room)
• 2-nights Bed and Breakfast accommodation at the Hotel Kviknes in Balestrand (Standard room with fjord view in the historic wing)
• Transfers on arrival and departure
• Public transport from Bergen to Flåm