Church from 1902 built in neo-gothic and national romantic styles, and the first church in Oslo with an asymmetrically located tower.
Vålerenga Church is located at Vålerenga on Oslo's east side, and was designed by architects Heinrich Jürgensen and Holger Sinding-Larsen.
In 1979 the church was severely damaged in a fire, with only the outer stone walls remaining intact. It was completely refurbished, and was reconsecrated in 1984. The renovation included the addition of art works by Norwegian artists Emanuel Vigeland and Håkon Bleken.