Please follow these safety tips when you go hiking and walking in Norway.
1. Be preparedBe sufficiently experienced, fit and equipped for your intended trip.
2. Leave word of your routeMany cabins, hotels and other lodgings have tour notification boxes in which you may put a written notice of your planned route
3. Be weather-wiseYou should always be alert to forecasts of bad weather, yet not rely completely on forecasts of good weather.
4. Be equipped for bad weather and frostAlways take a rucksack and proper mountain gear.
5. Learn from the localsLocal people can often tell you about avalanche trails, wind and snow conditions, and the safest routes.
6. Use a map and compassAlways have and know how to use a map and compass.
7. Do not go soloIf you venture out alone, there is nobody to give you first aid or notify a rescue service in an emergency.
8. Turn back in time - sensible retreat is no disgraceIf conditions deteriorate so much that you doubt you can attain your goal, turn around and return.
9. Conserve energy and build a snow shelter if necessaryThe stronger the wind, the tougher the walking/skiing. Suit your speed to the weakest member of the party.
Find more detailed safety tips in the Norwegian Mountain Code.
View all listings
Copy and paste this code into your blog/website
Be prepared and follow these safety tips when you go walking in the Norwegian mountains.
Safety and equipment
Loading seems to take longer than expected.
Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact email@example.com
Search, compare and book accommodation in Norway.
Widest selection of flights to and within Norway.
Compare rates from leading car rental companies nationwide.
Best price guaranteed - Ferries to and from Norway.
Best price guaranteed - Cruises in Norway.
Contact usAbout visitnorway.co.ukPhoto service and creditsLegal disclaimer Privacy and security policy
Reservation SupportAbout Book NorwayTerms and conditionsPrivacy & securityFAQ
Media & PressTour operators and travel providers
Games and moreFree games:- Holmenkollen Ski Jump- Trysil Twin Tip
You are browsing the full version of Visitnorway on a small screen.
Go to mobile version
You are currently browsing the mobile version of Visitnorway.
Go to full version