Kviteseid Old Church lies close to Kviteseid Bygdetun museum, on a beautiful plateau near the fjord.
It was built of stone in about 1150 and dedicated to St Olav. The roof was decorated by Thomas Blixius in 1714 in twenty parts. It has retained its original entrance with a carved wooden arch above the door depicting two dragons entwined in eternal struggle. The church has a particularly evocative churchyard.