Haug kirke has been the main church in Eiker since the Norwegian Church was organized in 1153. Archaeological excavations were undertaken in the 1960s has shown that it originally stood a wooden church on the spot. It can be dated to the first half of the 1100s, while the first stone church was erected in the early 1200's.
At the cemetery are many old and interesting burial monuments. Among the inventory are the greatest treasures a baptismal font made of soapstone from the 1300s and two candlesticks of silver, which was given to the church as a gift in 1632.