This open air museum is from the end of the 1950‘s and has been owned by the local community since 1974. It lies on the old road which was used by the pilgrims. The first church and vicarage were situated here. One of the main tasks for this museum is to pass on knowledge about the village’s history from the Middle Age’s. Since 1976, a play has been performed here where the story is from 1100’s. There are in fact three different plays, written by Ola Jonsmoen, with music composed by Ellef Røe. There is a fantastic view from the museum towards Mt. Tronden on the other side of the valley giving this place a mixture of cultural history and wonderful scenery.
How to get there.
Follow the exit road marked at Tylldalen church.
There are guided tours when there are activities on at the museum or by appointment. For more information – contact Gerd Olsberg, 2510 Tylldalen, telephone: 62486036.
Or contact Ramsmoen Museum Centre, telephone 62480870.