Together with Discover Arctic we will carry out several direct-flights (charters) from London to Evenes (Harstad/Narvik) Airport and back in 2012 and 2013. The first confirmed flight in 2012 is from the 23rd to the 27th of February.
The principal setup for the confirmed flight will be: Flight from London/Gatwick to Evenes Thursday at 10:00, and arrives at Evenes at 14:00. Flight back from Evenes to London/Gatwick Monday at 20:00, and arriving at Gatwick at 22:00.
Winter package offer:
In combination with this flight 68° Lofoten offer this winter package that contains direct flight, accommodation, transfer, meals, activities and guides as mentioned below. This 4 night itinerary focuses on the northern lights, culture, history and the nature of Lofoten Islands. Every evening there will be exciting northern lights activities and we will take you to the places where you have the best chance of seeing the aurora borealis.
• Arriving at Evenes airport at 14.00. Guided tour through majestic mountains and magnificent countryside.
• Accommodation at Henningsvær Bryggehotell. This elegant hotel is placed on the pier in one of Lofoten’s largest fishing villages.
• Viking Feast in our “lavvo” (big tent used by Vikings and the Sami people) at Hov and the Northern Lights Base Camp. www.nlbc.no
• Storytelling around an open fire regarding the northern lights and the Vikings.
• Photo safari on ancient Viking ground. There will be a short course in taking photos of the phenomena before we start the safari. We return to the hotel at 23.00.
• Guided tour in Henningsvær. We visit local craftsmen, shops and galleries. Make your own arctic candlelight or blow your own northern lights glass. The tour includes a multimedia show.
• Option: Sea eagle safari on rib boats (price 950,-, minimum 10 people )
• Lunch and dinner at the hotel
• Visiting the Polarlightscenter in Laukvik and have a lecture about the facts of northern lights. Colorful pictures and animations. We return to the hotel at 23.00
• Guided tour through Lofoten where we end up at Å where Joanna Lumley first saw the northern lights. We will visit different attractions, small fishing villages and enjoy the dramatic and picturesque nature in what National Geographic refers to as among the most beautiful the world. Lunch at the fishing village.
• Visit the Viking Museum Lofotr. A guided tour and The Chieftain`s Banquet inside the Viking house.
• Arctic beach barbeque is served outdoors at the beautiful beach at Hov.
• Lofoten beach and wildlife excursion.
• Dinner at Northern Lights Base Camp
• Your own photo safari or relax at the camp
• Option 1: Rent snow sledge, snowshoes or kick sled and have some fun in the snow on your own. 100,- NOK pp.
• Options 2: Horseback riding on Icelandic horses under arctic sky. 550,- NOK, minimum 6 people, duration 2 hours)
• Option 3: Northern Lights hunting on snowshoes. 550,- NOK. Minimum 6 people. Duration 3 hours
• Option 4: Cultural and historic tour of Lofoten. Lofoten Cathedral and 3 galleries and museum. Duration 3 hours. NOK 590,-
• Day off or take part in one of the options below.
• Option 1: Boat trip with fishing. Try to catch the famous Lofotcod that can weigh more than 30 kilos. Price: 650,- NOK. Minimum 10 people. Duration 2-3 hours
• Option 2: Sea kayak with guide. Price 1050,-, minimum 5 people. Duration 3 hours.
• Option 3: Easy hiking with snow shoes with guide: Price 750,-, minimum 5 people. Duration 3 hours.
• Lunch at hotel.