Vålerenga Church is located at Vålerenga on Oslo's east side. It is drawn by architects Heinrich Jürgensen and Holger Sinding-Larsen, and was consecrated in 1902. The church is built in the neo-gothic and national romantic styles, and was the first church in Oslo to be built with an asymmetrically located tower.
In 1979 the church was severely damaged in a fire, with only the outer stone walls remaining intact. It was completely refurbished, and was reconsecrated in 1984. The renovation included the addition of art works by Norwegian artists Emanuel Vigeland and Håkon Bleken.