Cemetery and chapel inagurated in 1902 behind Vigeland Park. The naturally laid out urn graves with stone settings are from 1939.
Vestre gravlund cemetery is located in connection with Vestre krematorium (Western Crematorium).
Oslo's largest war memorial is situated in this cemetery - the final home of 331 Soviet, 102 British, Danish, Jugoslavian, Polish, Swedish and Norwegian inhabitants.
The cemetery office is open on weekdays 8 am-3 pm.