Find providers and contact information
Buildings & Monuments in Kristiansand
Showing 1-10 of 45 results
Justøya coastal fort, constructed by the Germans under the 2nd world war, with 5 heavy gun and 2 anti-aircraft positions, several bunkers and a network of tunnels.
Wooden basilika, completed in 1867. Seating capacity approx. 300. The roof of nave has been built in an open trussed-beam style, but in recent years the chancel has been given an arched roof. The altarpiece by Lars Osa, 1920. Romanesque font. Open by appointment.
A timber cruciform church from 1858, in Byzantine-Roman style. Architect Chr. H. Grosch. Alterpiece: "The resurrection" by Lars Osa, 1908. 650 seats. Open by appointment at tel +47 900 69 196
Octagonal wooded church from 1865. Seating capacity approx. 200, colourful Renaissance altarpiece, originally from Oddernes Church, probably came to Herefoss at the beginning of the eighteenth century. The church was restored in 1965. Open by appointment.
Wooden church from 1830. Altarpiece in renaissance style dated 1638, brass candlesticks on the altar from around 1650, and many other artefacts from around 1750. Open by appointment.
The church has a distinctive style with its red-brick construction and a long glass painting stretching from the altar over the roof to the main door, with the motto "from darkness to light".
Sandra Svendsen's House dates from 1723 and is the oldest house in town, and one of the loveliest.
This is a timber house dating from about 1730, used for customs and excise from 1838. The building was listed for preservation in 1991.
Originally a 10 m long stone church dating back to approximately the year 1000. In 1767 expanded to twice its original size. In 1831 a wing was added on to the north facing wall. The restauration was completed in 1831. Open by appointment,913 20 619.
Saltholmen Lighthouse - the islets were used early in the 19th century for the extraction of sea salt. Lighthouse from 1882, manned until 1952 when it was automated.