Find providers and contact information
Buildings & Monuments in Norway
Showing 31-40 of 1168 results
Norway is not able to boast the large, majestic gardens found elsewhere in Europe. Our conditions over the years have been less favourable - in terms o...
Christianity was introduced to Norway around 1000 AD, and in the years to follow some one thousand stave churches were built. Ringebu Stave Church dates back to around 1220, and is one of the country’s 28 remaining buildings of its kind.
Preserved villa and garden from 1918 renovated to its original splendour. The park is open and contains an outdoor exhibition regarding the history of...
Beside Stedje Church, one find a 1.89 meter high and 0.39 meter wide runestone from around 1100s. Runologists have interpreted the writings as: "King...
In 986 A.D, a decisive battle was fought at Hjørungavåg in Hareid. Håkon and Eirik Earl's victory over the Joms Vikings was an important part in the pr...
Ørskog church is often called "The cathedral of Storfjorden”. It is idyllically situated in the centre of Sjøholt. with the sea near by. The church wa...
The cultural scenery from Osnes to Flø is an open beach area with cultural monuments in grazing lands and fields. Information signs at Osnes, Ulstein,...
Granite fountains made by Kjell Nupen. Guest harbour with services.
Over 20,000 summer flowers in flowerbeds, flower towers, boxes and buckets in the streets, as well as 2000m2 of roses and perennials, adorn the centre of Kristiansand from May till late in September, to the pleasure and delight of residents and tourists. This is made possible by the municipality and businesspeople sharing the cost.
In Wergeland?s Park in the spring you find more than 8500 flowering bulbs in fantastic colours. Also here there is ?The Children?s Own Flowerbed?. Pre-school children grow plants in their nursery school, and these are then planted out in this flowerbed by 450 children dressed up in colourful flower costumes. Also in Wergeland?s Park is the magnificent bronze statue of Henrik Wergeland from 1908, by Gustav Vigeland.
Built in 1936 with an extention from 1982. Seating capacity 120. High Mass Sunday 11 am. Mass on Tuesday and Thursday6 pm, Saturday 1 pm.