Find providers and contact information
Buildings & Monuments in Stranda, Bergen, Ålesund,...
Showing 1-10 of 45 results
In Spjelkavik Church, you have the opportunity to see the phantastic glass paintings of the famous Norwegian artist Håkon Bleken. Spjelkavik Church ha...
Built around 1180 and is dedicated to the Apostle Andrew. The church is exceptionally well preserved and is one of the most distinctive stave churche...
Built around 1180 and is dedicated to the Apostle Andrew. The church is exceptionally well preserved and is one of the most distinctive stave churches...
Flørli. During the last 100 years Flørli has been transformed from a combined rural and industrial area to a cultural area. You should disembark in t...
The very first buildings in Bergen were alongside the harbour called Bryggen. The old Hanseatic wharf is architecturally unique and is included on UNESCO's list of world heritage of history and culture.
The tower was built in the 1560s by the governor of Bergen Castle (Bergenhus), Erik Rosenkrantz, and served as a combined residence and fortified tower.
Håkon’s Hall was built between 1247 and 1261 by Håkon Håkonsson. It was the largest and most imposing building of the royal residency in the 13th-century when Bergen was the political centre of Norway.
Is situated in the small "peace park" at Skateflua. In remembrance of all Norwegians who travelled over the North Sea to Great Britain during the 2. World War. 320 persons lost their lives during the "migration to England". The monument was inaugurated 8th of May by His Majesty Crown Prince Haakon for the 50th anniversary for the end of the war. The monument is made by Olav Stavseng.
"Fiskergutten" - the fisher boy - is situated at Apotekertorget, the pharmacy square. The symbol of the youth's glow and expectation to the future. Made by Knut Skinnarland in 1967. A copy can be found in Akureyri, Iceland - one of Ålesund's friendship towns.
Is situated in the pedestrian street, Gågaten (Kongensgate) vis a vis "The Thousand steps" (Tusentrappen). Gift from the local newspaper Sunnmørsposten for the town of Ålesund in 1998. Made by Arne Martin Hansen.