Find providers and contact information
Buildings & Monuments in Stranda, Bergen, Ålesund,...
Showing 31-40 of 45 results
In Ålesund you can visit the Town Mountain and viewpoint Aksla. From this location there is a panoramic view of the archipelago, the beautiful town ce...
In 1999 the new power station was opened at Flørli by the Lysefjord in Ryfylke, far inside the mountain. The old power station and the steps leading u...
Built around 1180 and is dedicated to the Apostle Andrew. The church is exceptionally well preserved and is one of the most distinctive stave churche...
"Fiskergutten" - the fisher boy - is situated at Apotekertorget, the pharmacy square. The symbol of the youth's glow and expectation to the future. Made by Knut Skinnarland in 1967. A copy can be found in Akureyri, Iceland - one of Ålesund's friendship towns.
Is situated in the small "peace park" at Skateflua. In remembrance of all Norwegians who travelled over the North Sea to Great Britain during the 2. World War. 320 persons lost their lives during the "migration to England". The monument was inaugurated 8th of May by His Majesty Crown Prince Haakon for the 50th anniversary for the end of the war. The monument is made by Olav Stavseng.
Ellingsøy Church was consecrated 31st of August 1988, and is designed by the architect Oscar Norderval. The church is idyllically situated in Slotsvika with a fjord view of islands and skerries. The beautiful church art is made by the artist Håkon Gullvåg.
Is located at Apotekertorget, the pharmacy square.
Is situated in the pedestrian street, Gågaten (Kongensgate) vis a vis "The Thousand steps" (Tusentrappen). Gift from the local newspaper Sunnmørsposten for the town of Ålesund in 1998. Made by Arne Martin Hansen.
This mansion is the main building of the owners of the paper factory of Alvøen, dating from 1797. It contains a rich collection of furniture, silver, porcelain and textiles. A charming garden and park, free entrance. Guided tours every hour, the last at 15.
Håkon’s Hall was built between 1247 and 1261 by Håkon Håkonsson. It was the largest and most imposing building of the royal residency in the 13th-century when Bergen was the political centre of Norway.