Find providers and contact information
Buildings & Monuments in Stranda, Bergen, Ålesund,...
Showing 1-10 of 45 results
Built around 1180 and is dedicated to the Apostle Andrew. The church is exceptionally well preserved and is one of the most distinctive stave churche...
Damsgård Country Mansion was erected in the 18th C. It is considered Norway’s main work of the Rococco architecture and perhaps Europe’s best preserved wooden Rococco building. The building has the original interiors. The garden is recreated as it could have been 200 years ago.
This mansion is the main building of the owners of the paper factory of Alvøen, dating from 1797. It contains a rich collection of furniture, silver, porcelain and textiles. A charming garden and park, free entrance. Guided tours every hour, the last at 15.
The tower was built in the 1560s by the governor of Bergen Castle (Bergenhus), Erik Rosenkrantz, and served as a combined residence and fortified tower.
Håkon’s Hall was built between 1247 and 1261 by Håkon Håkonsson. It was the largest and most imposing building of the royal residency in the 13th-century when Bergen was the political centre of Norway.
Ellingsøy Church was consecrated 31st of August 1988, and is designed by the architect Oscar Norderval. The church is idyllically situated in Slotsvika with a fjord view of islands and skerries. The beautiful church art is made by the artist Håkon Gullvåg.
Is situated in the pedestrian street, Gågaten (Kongensgate) vis a vis "The Thousand steps" (Tusentrappen). Gift from the local newspaper Sunnmørsposten for the town of Ålesund in 1998. Made by Arne Martin Hansen.
Is situated in the small "peace park" at Skateflua. In remembrance of all Norwegians who travelled over the North Sea to Great Britain during the 2. World War. 320 persons lost their lives during the "migration to England". The monument was inaugurated 8th of May by His Majesty Crown Prince Haakon for the 50th anniversary for the end of the war. The monument is made by Olav Stavseng.
"Fiskergutten" - the fisher boy - is situated at Apotekertorget, the pharmacy square. The symbol of the youth's glow and expectation to the future. Made by Knut Skinnarland in 1967. A copy can be found in Akureyri, Iceland - one of Ålesund's friendship towns.
Is located at Apotekertorget, the pharmacy square. Gift to the community of Ålesund from private contributors and companies in 1990. Made by Bjørn Tore Skjøsvik. The initiative to raise the statue was taken by Signy W. Paulsen.