Find providers and contact information
Attractions & Culture in Bergen
Showing 1-10 of 33 results
The home of composer Edvard Grieg (1843-1907) and his wife Nina. Grieg lived here for 22 years and composed many of his best-known works in the little garden hut. Also visit the cliff-hewn tomb where he was buried, the concert hall "Troldsalen" and the museum.
Collections ranging form the Age of antiquity and the Middle Ages right up to the present day. West Norway is particularly well represented. Archaeological finds, urban and rural history collections, a textile section and a rich ethnographic collection.
The earliest recorded mention of Glesvær dates from 1664. At this time, a merchant from Bergen named Henrich Wessel had a trade monopoly at Glesvær....
During a storm, Golta is both fascinating and terrifying. As you watch the ocean spray shoot several hundred meters towards the road, the sea and sky a...
The Gestapo’s revenge. On 30 April 1942, the tiny coastal community of Telavåg was deleted from the map when the Germans discovered the role the village people played in the illicit trafficking of men across the North Sea. This, coupled with the killing of a Norwegian agent and two German officers, triggered the Telavåg tragedy, one of Europe’s worst war catastrophes.
Damsgård Country Mansion was erected in the 18th C. It is considered Norway’s main work of the Rococco architecture and perhaps Europe’s best preserved wooden Rococco building. The building has the original interiors. The garden is recreated as it could have been 200 years ago.
Folk museum focusing on the traditional industries like agriculture, fishing, arts and crafts. Permanent and changing exhibitions.
Håkon’s Hall was built between 1247 and 1261 by Håkon Håkonsson. It was the largest and most imposing building of the royal residency in the 13th-century when Bergen was the political centre of Norway.
The tower was built in the 1560s by the governor of Bergen Castle (Bergenhus), Erik Rosenkrantz, and served as a combined residence and fortified tower.
Founded in the 15th c., St. George’s was a hospital for lepers until the middle of the 20th c. The present day buildings date back to the 18th c.