Find providers and contact information
What to do in Finnmarksvidda
Showing 1-10 of 27 results
Stabbursnes Nature House and Museum is an information center for nature and culture in Finnmark and a National Park Visitor Center for Stabbursdalen National Park.
NorthernNorway Tourist Board is the marketing body for the tourism activities in Northern Norway. The office is not open for visitors, but is accessable for information about local tourist offices and suppliers of accomodation, food and beverage, activities, transports etc.
Alta – the City of the Northern Lights – where past meets future!
CANCELLATION: activities must be cncelled one day in advance before 15:00, otherwise you will be charges 100%.
• Booking: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 00 47 78 43 33 78
• Thermal suit, shoes, hat/helmet and gloves are included in the price for the snow mobile trips. We recommend thermal underwear, woollen/fleece sweater, tracksuit trousers, warm socks and a scarf.
• The organisers have the right to cancel all excursions in the event of adverse weather or driving conditions.
• We cannot guarantee a sighting of the Northern Lights – this relies on weather conditions.
• NB! Separate programme for Christmas and Easter.
We join the native reindeer herders - the Sámi - in their annually reindeer herd migration to the Arctic coast. The tour is unique and this opportunity is a rare privilege, provided by sami reindeer herders.
Hiking with snow shoes is a wonderful way of traveling when you want to go out and enjoy the arctic winter, both in the sparkling day light, the pale moon light or in the narrow beam of a head light. All these tours have their own special atmosphere. Walking on snow shoes demands no special skills. If you can walk you can snow shoe. Hiking with snow shoes is a pleasant experience in it self but can also be combined with other activities like wild life tracking, ice fishing or even hunting. It also gives good exercise regardless of age or physical fitness.
We organise guided trips onto the Finnmarksvidda mountain plain, by snowmobile in the winter and by ATV in the summer.
The hotel has a beautiful view of the Alta Fjord.
The hotel’s restaurant serves an à la carte menu, focusing on local food traditions....
3 course dinner
Dog sled expedition to the Arctic sea together with Engholm Husky. Suitable for experienced outdoor people who looking for something special.