Go to content Go to navigation

Find providers and contact information Attractions & Culture in Tønsberg

Showing 1-10 of 47 results
Read more: Castle Rock Tower

Tønsberg

Castle Rock Tower

The present tower on Castle Rock was built in 1888 after the first tower, built by the Tønsberg Maritime Club in 1856, burned to the ground.The...
Read more: The chapel of our virgin Maria

Tønsberg

The chapel of our virgin Maria

Maria chapel that is located at the old cemetery in Tønsberg was restored in 2001-2004 and is used for cultural events like concerts and exhibitions....
Read more: Olavskirken ruins

Tønsberg

Olavskirken ruins

Olav's church in Tønsberg was a round church, which belonged to Olav's Monastery in Tønsberg. It is first mentioned in 1206, and was destroyed by a...
Read more: Eik Church

Tønsberg

Eik Church

Eik church was built as a working church in 1988. Architect, Harald Hille. The altar piece is by the artist Per Odd Aarrestad....
Read more: Seaside Chapel

Tønsberg

Seaside Chapel

Quayside Chapel, Tønsberg was opened by the Church Town Mission in 1995 in Svend Foyn's warehouse. Evening service Thursdays at 8 pm....

Tønsberg

Premonstratensian Monastery and St. Olav's church

The ruins of Scandinavias largest round stone church were found in Storgaten 17. Across the road, excavations in 1987-91 revealed Viking graves and...
Read more: Spring water Photo: Renate Blindheim

Tønsberg

Spring water

Kjelleolla at Kjelle traffic junction is Tønsberg's only existing water well. In "Codex Tunsbergensis" (town laws from 1276) it is called "Frodakelda"...
Read more: The skerries

Tønsberg

The skerries

The skerries consists of almost 700 small islands, rocks and cliffs. Many of these are equipped with toilets, rubbish bins, anchoring rings and...
Read more: All Onboard

Tønsberg

All Onboard

Activity run Different activities that challenges to collaboration and creativity , both physical and theoretical tasks and challenges. Sailing...
Read more: The Oseberg ship

Tønsberg

The Oseberg ship

The 25th of May 1904 Professor Gustavson came to Tønsberg in order to begin excavations of the viking ship buried in the Oseberg mound. He writes in...
View more: 
1 2 3 4 5
Ad
TEXT ADS
  • Ad
  • Ad
  • Ad
  • Ad
Ad
Ad

Subscribe to newsletter