Find providers and contact information
Buildings & Monuments in Kristiansand
Showing 1-10 of 21 results
Oksøy is a bird sanctuary where it is not allowed to travel between 15 April and 15 July.
Built approx. 1100-1150. Stone church in the Roman style, with a Baroque alterpiece and pulpit from 1704. Runic stone in the porch.
Built between 1050-1070. Alterpiece and pulpit from the 1600s. Open by appointment.
Built 1672 by Fredrik III. The rotunda has 5 m thick walls. The mound is open from 15 May to 15 September, 09.00-21.00. Guiding by appointment.
Inaugurated in 1969, built in concrete & well-known for good acoustics. Seating capacity 750. Open by appointment.
Over 20,000 summer flowers in flowerbeds, flower towers, boxes and buckets in the streets, as well as 2000m2 of roses and perennials, adorn the centre of Kristiansand from May till late in September, to the pleasure and delight of residents and tourists. This is made possible by the municipality and businesspeople sharing the cost.
In Wergeland?s Park in the spring you find more than 8500 flowering bulbs in fantastic colours. Also here there is ?The Children?s Own Flowerbed?. Pre-school children grow plants in their nursery school, and these are then planted out in this flowerbed by 450 children dressed up in colourful flower costumes. Also in Wergeland?s Park is the magnificent bronze statue of Henrik Wergeland from 1908, by Gustav Vigeland.
The lively fish pier is an experience in it self! See fish and shellfish swimming in tanks, the smallboats chugging through the canal.
Kristiansan's oldest fortress (ca. 1660-1797) and Northern Europe's largest quarantine station (1804-1914).
In the Chapel on the Wharf all visitors are welcome, whether it’s to meet people who have time for a chat and a cup of coffee, or to find a quiet place for peace and contemplation in the chapel. Roadside church.
Søm Church was consecrated in November 2004. The church has a distinctive style with its red-brick construction and a long glass painting stretching from the altar over the roof to the main door, with the motto "from darkness to light".