Find providers and contact information
Buildings & Monuments in Kristiansand
Showing 1-10 of 42 results
Signposted path from Rosselandsveien, Brennåsen, beside Hydro Texaco petrol station on E-39. The path goes east to Vågsbygd and west to Søgne.
Built in 1803 and has Norway`s best preserved natural wood interior. Open by appointment.
An octagonal timber-built church dated 1830. Church bell from 1769. Open by appointment.
The church was consecrated in 1829, traditionally log-built in empire style. Chancel with tapestries by Else-Marie Jakobsen. Open by appointment.
Norway's oldest half-timber church. Built in 1640. Decorated in Baroque and Renaissance style paintings. Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson married Karoline here in 1858.
The area has been settled from the early Iron Age. In 1854 consul Wild bought the place and built the houses in the best Swiss style, as a summer house for his ailing wife Mathilde.
Built in 1889. Neo-Gothic Swiaa-style. Open by appointment.
Cruciform church built in 1836. The older of the church's two bells was cast in Helsingør in Denmark in 1656.
Justøya coastal fort, constructed by the Germans under the 2nd world war, with 5 heavy gun and 2 anti-aircraft positions, several bunkers and a network of tunnels.
Grønningen Lighthouse is located about 8 km south-east of Kristiansand. The lighthouse came into service on 1 September 1878, and was manned until 1980, when it became automatic.