Find providers and contact information
Buildings & Monuments in Kristiansand
Showing 1-10 of 45 results
Saltholmen Lighthouse - the islets were used early in the 19th century for the extraction of sea salt. Lighthouse from 1882, manned until 1952 when it was automated.
Originally a 10 m long stone church dating back to approximately the year 1000. In 1767 expanded to twice its original size. In 1831 a wing was added on to the north facing wall. The restauration was completed in 1831. Open by appointment,913 20 619.
Sandra Svendsen's House dates from 1723 and is the oldest house in town, and one of the loveliest.
This is a timber house dating from about 1730, used for customs and excise from 1838. The building was listed for preservation in 1991.
Octagonal wooded church from 1865. Seating capacity approx. 200, colourful Renaissance altarpiece, originally from Oddernes Church, probably came to Herefoss at the beginning of the eighteenth century. The church was restored in 1965. Open by appointment.
In the Chapel on the Wharf all visitors are welcome, whether it’s to meet people who have time for a chat and a cup of coffee, or to find a quiet place for peace and contemplation in the chapel. Roadside church.
Søm Church was consecrated in November 2004. The church has a distinctive style with its red-brick construction and a long glass painting stretching from the altar over the roof to the main door, with the motto "from darkness to light".
A sacred room; silence, wonder and change. Design by Kjell Nupen.
Partially renovated German coastal fort from the Second World War; follow the signposts or go on a guided tour arranged by Søgne Information Centre on request.