Find providers and contact information
Buildings & Monuments in Southern Norway
Showing 1-10 of 111 results
Norway's oldest half-timber church. Built in 1640. Decorated in Baroque and Renaissance style paintings. Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson married Karoline here in 1858.
Tromøy church outside of Arendal was originally a Romansque stone church built around 1150, and reconstructed to a cruciform church between 1748-1758.
This octagonal Flekkefjord church was designed H.F.D. Linstow, architect of the Royal Palace in Oslo. The church is open for visitation during summer.
The museum has a wonderful location at Høgtun Kultursenter in the village of Øyslebø.
The factory was built in 1894, and has been designated a national monument to the textile industry in Norway.
A timber cruciform church from 1858, in Byzantine-Roman style. Architect Chr. H. Grosch. Alterpiece: "The resurrection" by Lars Osa, 1908. 650 seats. Open by appointment at tel +47 900 69 196
Saltholmen Lighthouse - the islets were used early in the 19th century for the extraction of sea salt. Lighthouse from 1882, manned until 1952 when it was automated.
Octagonal wooded church from 1865. Seating capacity approx. 200, colourful Renaissance altarpiece, originally from Oddernes Church, probably came to Herefoss at the beginning of the eighteenth century. The church was restored in 1965. Open by appointment.
Wooden basilika, completed in 1867. Seating capacity approx. 300. The roof of nave has been built in an open trussed-beam style, but in recent years the chancel has been given an arched roof. The altarpiece by Lars Osa, 1920. Romanesque font. Open by appointment.
Svinør’s days of glory were in the 18th and 19th centuries. It is considered one of the best preserved and most beautiful outports in southern Norway....