Find providers and contact information
Attractions & Culture in Bergen
Showing 1-10 of 21 results
Bergen Cathedral is nearly 900 years old. It started as a church dedicated to Olav the Holy, Norway’s patron saint, around year 1150.
The old stave church at Fantoft, originally built in Fortun in Sogn in 1150 and moved to Fantoft in 1883, burnt down on 6 June 1992. Fantoft Stave Church has been rebuilt exactly as it was before the fire.
St Mary`s church is the oldest existing building in Bergen. To judge by its architectural style, it was probably built between 1130 and 1170.
An interactive visitor centre – for the whole family!
VilVite is a science centre where the whole family can discover more than 100 different exhibits. Science show and 3D film at weekends and during school holidays. Café and science shop.
The beautiful villa on Lysøen (the Island of Light) was built as a summer residence for the Norwegian violin virtuoso Ole Bull in 1873. Ole Bull's musical excellence influenced contemporary artists. The villa is open to the public in the summer. Guided tours.
Bergen Kunsthall is one of Norway’s premier arenas for contemporary art. Variety of exhibitions from international and Norwegian artists.
The home of composer Edvard Grieg (1843-1907) and his wife Nina. Grieg lived here for 22 years and composed many of his best-known works in the little garden hut. Also visit the cliff-hewn tomb where he was buried, the concert hall "Troldsalen" and the museum.
Collections ranging form the Age of antiquity and the Middle Ages right up to the present day. West Norway is particularly well represented. Archaeological finds, urban and rural history collections, a textile section and a rich ethnographic collection.
The School Museum takes you on an exciting journey through the history of Norwegian Schools and with it the history of Norwegian society from the Middle Ages to this day. The writer Ludvig Holberg is the most famous pupil to have attended the Latin School in Bergen.
Founded in the 15th c., St. George’s was a hospital for lepers until the middle of the 20th c. The present day buildings date back to the 18th c.