Find providers and contact information
Attractions & Culture in Vinje
Showing 1-10 of 25 results
The valley of ’Smørklepp’ in Vinje made a lasting impression on the famous Norwegian artist Henrik Sørensen, and a large collection of his paintings is exhibited at Vinje Gallery situated in this impressive landscape. The gallery is a distinctive building constructed by local rock.
Harald Kihle is another artist on display in the gallery. Sørensen and Kihle both worked and lived in the valley of Smørklepp.
Paintings by the artist Reidar Kolbrek at his farm in Rofshus, Nesland.
The museum shows sculptures, paintings, graphic art and drawings by the famous artist Dyre Vaa (1903-1980). The sculptor Tor Vaa, son of Dyre Vaa, is also represented by a special exhibition.
The Skinnarland Collection houses more than 100 works of art by sculptor Knut Skinnarland and a replica of his studio in Rauland. Also represented with several works is the sculptor Aslak Svalastoga. There are new sales- and special exhibitions every year.
A collection of replicas of local traditional log buildings, filled with cultural activities.
Permanent all-year open exhibition in the hotel of well-known artists from the region: Dyre Vaa, Aslak Svalastoga and Anne Grimdalen. Gallery catalogue...
The Hardangervidda National Park Route, which takes you on the exciting journey between the east and west of Norway, is the perfect gateway to the fjor...
Galleri Dåm sales exhibition of quality arts and crafts products from Norwegian Artists.
Join the passengerboat M/B Fjellvåken II on a cruise on Lake Møsvatn, 919 m.a.s.l
Vinjestoga is the childhood home of the poet, journalist and linguist Aasmund Olavsson Vinje (1818-1870). Here you can listen to stories about everyday life in Vinje’s home, about how he became one of Norway’s foremost poets, and about the journalist Vinje.
Øyfjell Village museum has a rich collection of tools, traditional costumes, fine examples of rose painting and various curiosities, e.g. Norway’s largest beer-vessel.
The museum building from 1931 is built of granite, “to last forever”. There is also an open-air museum, a farmyard with several old buildings.