Find providers and contact information
Buildings & Monuments in Norway
Showing 1-10 of 1173 results
The exhibition "Stones of Bømlo" (Steinriket Bømlo) is found in Moster Amfi.
The tour guide shows you the way to the different mining localities at...
The Trollstigen road is a characteristic road work with walls of rock, and
the arch bridge over the Stigfossen waterfall is a popular motive to...
Wooden basilika, completed in 1867. Seating capacity approx. 300. The roof of nave has been built in an open trussed-beam style, but in recent years the chancel has been given an arched roof. The altarpiece by Lars Osa, 1920. Romanesque font. Open by appointment.
Stokkøy bridge, which is 525 m long and has a sailing height of 30 m, binds Stokkøya to the mainland.
Every afternoon at 16.10 the Coastal Express...
Espedalen mountain church was consecrated in the summer of 1974, but the graveyard has been in use since the beginning of the 19th century. Gravholmen...
Is situated in the pedestrian street, Gågaten (Kongensgate) vis a vis "The Thousand steps" (Tusentrappen). Gift from the local newspaper Sunnmørsposten for the town of Ålesund in 1998. Made by Arne Martin Hansen.
Ellingsøy Church was consecrated 31st of August 1988, and is designed by the architect Oscar Norderval. The church is idyllically situated in Slotsvika with a fjord view of islands and skerries. The beautiful church art is made by the artist Håkon Gullvåg.
"Fiskergutten" - the fisher boy - is situated at Apotekertorget, the pharmacy square. The symbol of the youth's glow and expectation to the future. Made by Knut Skinnarland in 1967. A copy can be found in Akureyri, Iceland - one of Ålesund's friendship towns.
Is situated in the small "peace park" at Skateflua. In remembrance of all Norwegians who travelled over the North Sea to Great Britain during the 2. World War. 320 persons lost their lives during the "migration to England". The monument was inaugurated 8th of May by His Majesty Crown Prince Haakon for the 50th anniversary for the end of the war. The monument is made by Olav Stavseng.
Is located at Apotekertorget, the pharmacy square. Gift to the community of Ålesund from private contributors and companies in 1990. Made by Bjørn Tore Skjøsvik. The initiative to raise the statue was taken by Signy W. Paulsen.
You can also find travel offers in detailed map of Norway