At Golsfjellet Mountain you will find a network of trails and mountain roads that crisscross one of the country's best mountain biking areas. The road network on Golsfjellet connects with both Hemsedal and Valdres.
The area has several sign-posted round trips, well-suited for the whole family.
The Gol and Golsfjellet Mountain areas offer well-prepared and safe hiking trails, up-to-date sign posting, easily accessible mountain tops. You will find rest stops with grill cabins and easily accessible lakes for swimming and fishing.
June to August is the main season for hiking in Gol.
The municipality of Gol is divided into four areas, all with their own fishing licenses, which can be bought at the tourist information. Places of accommodation, petrol stations and sports shops sell fishing licenses for the nearest zone.
Area 1: The Hallingdal River from the border of Ål to the border of Nesbyen is well-stocked with trout.
Area 2: Along the road between Herad and Bagn there is a joint license for many good trout and perch lakes.
Area 3: Golsfjellet Mountain is stocked with both trout and perch. Many lakes are near the road.
Area 4: From the Eikre dam to the centre of Gol. Perfect for sports fishers who wish to see the changes in nature.
Tropicana Water Park – Pers Resort
Tropical water park with mega slides, wave pool, children's area, palm garden and much more - in the middle of the town centre.
Hallingstampen – Gol Campingsenter
Outdoor bathing facilities at Gol Campingsenter, just outside the town centre. Open all summer.
Gol Motor and Leisure Park (Gol Motor- og Fritidspark)
Full throttle in safe surroundings. Gol Motor- og Fritidspark offers motorcross with two- and four-wheeled motorbikes.
Fuglehaugen Carting & Motorsenter (motor centre)
Try operating a go-cart at Fuglehaugen where is an excellent, exciting track (from 10 yrs).
Make your own glass art at HallingGlass
Try your hand at glass blowing at HallingGlass and make your own glass art. HallingGlass is well known both here and abroad for its unique and beautiful hand crafted glass art.
Storefjell Hestesenter (horse centre) offers day, half day and hour long rides, plus shorter rides for the youngest.
Play golf at Hallingdal's only 18-hole course with a driving range and putting green. Total length is 5,220 metres.
Hemsedal GolfAlpin is idyllically situated with powerful mountains and the well-known Hydnefossen Waterfall in the background.
Different boats and canoes can be hired in Gol and Golsfjellet. Dagali offers wild and intense rafting.
The Adventure Journey - fun for the whole family
Want to join an adventurous journey on land and over water, and participate in some of the more than 35 exciting activities available? The Adventure Card is your ticket along the way.
- The Adventure Card entitles you to discounts or gifts
- The Adventure Card is valid from 15 June - 31 August
- The Adventure Card can be ordered online at adventureroad.no, or you can obtain it free of charge from local tourist offices and from larger hotels and camp sites
Below, are some of the activities and attractions included in the Adventure Journey:
- Vassfaret Bear Park in Flå. At the bear park you can get close to bears, elks and roe deer.
- E.K.T. Langedrag Nature Park at Nesbyen. At Langedrag you can experience different kinds of animals, for example wolves, lynx, Arctic foxes, elks, horses and goats.
- Hardangervidda Nature Centre in Øvre Eidfjord, Hardanger. Three floors of striking exhibitions of the plants and animals of the Hardangervidda Mountain Plateau.
- The Viking camp at Gudvangen. Practice archery, meet a "true" Viking and row an authentic Viking ship.
The Adventure Journey - for the young and tough:
- Via Ferrata, climbing route in Hemsedal
- Rafting on Numedalslågen
- Blue ice trip over the Juklavass Glacier in Hardanger
- Fjord safari with a fast, inflatable boat onthe Nærøyfjord
Spa and wellness – you deserve it
Enjoy exclusive attention and treatment at the Oline Spa and Wellness Centre at Pers Resort. Tune out and recharge your batteries in the Romana relaxation area. Soak in hot bubbles, read the morning papers and enjoy beverages and fresh fruit while relaxing completely.
Storefjell Spa and Wellness Centre
In the wellness department Anita you are offered a variety of treatments to better your day at Golsfjellet Mountain 1,001 metres above sea level.
Bowling is great fun for everyone. Pers Resort in the town centre offers children's bowling with a separate lane, balls and shoes. Pers Resort has a total of four bowling alleys.
Trout safari in the Hemsila River
You can swim with dolphins in some countries, or hang out with killer whales in Lofoten – but you can only swim with the trout in Hemsedal.