Farmyard and crofters' homes.
Folkenborg museum has old houses that form an estate with a cotter’s farm. The Narvestad building dating from 1724 has interesting interiors.
The museum has a large agricultural collection and a special collection of horse-drawn carriages and sledges. Folkenborg museum is located apx 2 km south of Mysen town. There is a museum shop.
• Farmyard and crofters’ homes
• Interiors from 18th and 19th centuries
• Exhibition of carriages and sledges
• Agricultural collection
• Farm animals in summer
• Activity days
• Museum shop
Rest of the year: Contact the museum between 09.00 and 15.00
All year: Guided tours by arrangement
From the 24th of June to the 13th of August you can stamp in as a worker at Østfold Museums. After the end of your working day, you stamp out. You will of course get a salary for the work. Once you've been to 3 jobs in the Østfold museums - you'll get a historical coin and leather case. A secret overtime supplement awaits someone who is a workmate after the 4th and 5th workplace. At the 6th workplace a cool thermos is waiting. You will not be unemployed for a long time, because once you've worked through all 8 Østfold museums you get a food box and access to the online game "Ærbe!
Bonus prize in 2017 - an Ipad Mini
Once you've solved 6th work tasks with us - you'll join in the draw of an iPad Mini! Remember to give your name and number to the last museum you visit!
Here you will find our museums and get stamp cards:
* Borgarsyssel Museum <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/borgarsyssel-museum/>,
Gamlebygata 8, Sarpsborg. Build factories from Sarpsborg in Minecraft!
* Halden Historical Collections <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/halden-historiske-samlinger/>,
Fredriksten Fortress. Walk in the footsteps of the soldiers
* Folkenborg Museum, <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/folkenborg-museum/>
Narvestadveien 7, Mysen. Shoot a wild boar and take the hunting test at Folkenborg!
* Moss City and Industrial Museum, <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/moss-by-og-industrimuseum/>
Fossen 21/23. First come, first served!
* Storedal Cultural Center <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/storedal-kultursenter/>,
Storedalveien 215. Dr. Storedal
* Haldenvassdragets Kanalmuseum <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/haldenvassdragets-kanalmuseum/>,
Ear Use. Up with the steam!
* The Hvaler Coast Museum <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/kystmuseet-hvaler/>,
Dypedalsveien 37, Vesterøy. Let the mermaid show your way
* Fredrikstad Museum, <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/fredrikstad-museum/>
Tøihusgaten 41. Time trialers!
Look for ØMUS!
Ømus, the little sweet mouse w / yellow hat and green sweater, is the Østfold museums children's mask. Ømus shows the children the way to activities and objects that tell a special story for children in our exhibitions
- Last Updated: 02/06/2019
- Source: Visit Indre Østfold
Sun, July 7, 2019 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Sun, July 14, 2019 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Sun, July 21, 2019 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Sun, July 28, 2019 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Sun, August 4, 2019 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Østfoldmuseene - Folkenborg Museum is open
- July 7, 2019 - August 4, 2019
- What's Nearby