This event is bound to make you smile. It's a lighthearted homage to local artists accompanied by slightly more serious politically and artistically motivated undertones. Together with Tim Etchells and Francesca Fargion, Jonathan Burrows and Matteo Fargion invite us to Return of the Salon where five local guests will be introduced in a relaxed atmosphere and encouraged to enter a discussion on contemporary art.
The two are recognized for their entertaining and low-key approach to highbrow art theory. This evening includes a meal and is divided into three parts:
1. We are reintroduced to Body Not Fit For Purpose, a piece made specifically for the Venice Biennale and the duo's first overtly political work. It takes as its starting point the inadequacy of the dancing body to express that which is of concern and at the same time the inherent radicality of the attempt. A quirky little piece that raises the big questions.
2. The usual classical act containing piano or violin has here been replaced by the solo, Work Files, by Tim Etchells. Tim will perform excerpts from his notebooks, which is really more of a chaotic collage of a Microsoft Word document, that he has been working on continuously for years. The solo has been performed at festivals across Europe and is adapted according to the current news situation.
3. In Five Loud Portraits the duo has developed their fascination for adding new meaning to empty physical situations. Together with their own live band they will perform five loud musical portraits of a selection of Bergen-based artists who will also be present.
- from www.bit-teatergarasjen.no
- Last Updated: 10/12/2017
- Source: Bergen Reiselivslag
Fri, October 20, 2017 6:00 PM
Meteor: Burrows & Fargion - Return of the Salon
- October 20, 2017
- What's Nearby