Åmot main church is situated in the center of Rena
The church is a cross-church from 1902. The mayor Tollef Kilde decided that the building should be made in solid wood in Art Noveau-style after a drawing by the architect Henrik Bull.
The church is also referred to as the “timber-cathedral”. The church bells were given to the church in 1926, but the old bells (from 1698 and 1722) are still kept in the tower.