The Øyjar chapel was built in 1967 on the same spot were Øde Stave Church used to be until 1748. The gave yard has been in use all the time. One of the church bells in the chapel's tower and the one in the free standing bell tower are from the old stave church. Two of the old stave churche's staves are now at the Valdres Folk Museum in Fagernes.
Directions: Exit from the E16 at Røn drive over the Fosheim Bridge. Turn right after the bridge onto Vestsidevegen. The Øyjar chapel ist situated approx. two km to the north from the bridge, on the hill side to the left.