Experience Svalbard in the best way possible. Welcome to an unforgettable adventure through a unique wilderness!
Experience Svalbard in the best way possible.
Welcome to an unforgettable adventure through a unique wilderness. Every participant on this expedition is equal and will need to contribute, from planning the route or making food to handling the dogs.
We will pick you up at 12:00 and drive you to the Svalbard Villmarkssenter kennel. Your guide will give you all instructions about dogsledding. You will learn how to handle the polar dogs, drive the sledge and how to be a good musher. No previous experience driving dogs is necessary; our dogs have experience and know their work. You will help to prepare the dogs. Then our adventure begins.
We spend the nights in igloos (fibre glass houses) or tents in good sleeping bags on reindeer pelts.
Our guides are both competent and adequately experienced in the conditions on Svalbard. They are equipped with weapons, emergency beacon, flare guns, first aid kits, etc. However, it is important that the participants have some experience with outdoor activities. It is necessary that all participants are in good physical health conditions. The weather can vary during the day, and with respect to the safety of our guests we reserve the right to make any necessary changes to our trip without this affecting the cost.
- One dogteam per guest. Warm winter clothing, shoes, hat and mittens.
- Sleepingbag,reindeer skin, warm drink and all meals
- If it`s dark time, you get your own headlamp.
- Transp. from / to the hotel
Risk and responsibility:
All our trips are associated with certain risks. We operate in an Arctic climate and we are working with animals. We make all our guests keep in mind that the tour is at your own risk, that is to say that we are not accountable for any damage to person or belongings during your stay. Our guests have to sign that they accept this before the tour starts.
Cancellation of tours/activities:
- Cancellation received up to 22 days before departure: 97,5% refun
- For cancellation received 21 - 8 days prior to the activity: 50% refund.
- 7 to 0 day prior to the activity/’no show’: no refund.
- If Svalbard Villmarkssenter decides to cancel a trip due to weather conditions or any other reasons, you will receive a full refund!
Amount of participants: Minimum 1, maximum 3 guests per tour