Discover the best of Tromsø and Senja on this unforgettable 3-day wild Arctic journey. Become an explorer; study whales, support conservation and see the extraordinary Northern Lights. Embark on a cruise with the world-famous Hurtigruten. Adventure awaits!
Every year off the coast of Senja, Norway’s second largest island, a great number of orcas and humpback whales gather to feast on rich feeding grounds. Our unique Whale Research Safari combines one of the most incredible displays nature has to offer with a captivating, in-depth research experience.
Join us and make a difference!
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to The Cetacea Project, a non-profit organization dedicated to whale research and conservation. For more information, visit www.wildseas.no
Check into a quality hotel and unwind in the beautiful surroundings of Tromsø city. Enjoy a 5-course dinner in one of Norway’s most highly acclaimed restaurants offering a fusion of traditional Norwegian dishes influenced by French cuisine and international dining trends.
You start the day by taking the speed booat from Tromsø to Finnsnes, where you will be picked up by a taxi.
Our marine mammal scientist will introduce you to the whales of Norway and the research program through a captivating presentation. At sea, our guests have the possibility to take part in the research and become a marine biologist for the day. Then, discover the ethereal beauty of the Northern Lights on an evening cruise. With any luck, the whales will find us and make this experience truly memorable. Our enclosed boat with heated cabin will ensure you have a comfortable journey.
Accommodation at Hamn in Senja.
Take the world-famous Hurtigruten cruise, and embark on a scenic journey to Tromsø. Enjoy an elegant lunch while admiring Norway’s beautiful coastline.
*An extra night’s accommodation and 48-hour pass for free access to Tromsø’s best sites and city busses can be added. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quality accommodations & food
- Gastronomic dinner
- Whale Research Safari
- Whale research presentation
- Northern lights safari
- Hurtigruten cruise with Lunch
- Warm floatation suit
- Hot beverages & snacks
- Transportation (to/from meeting point)
What to Bring:
- Warm cloths and boots
- Camera and binoculars (optional)
- Sea sickness pills (if needed)
Merino wool base layers (tops and long-johns) and socks, warm boots, gloves and hats are highly recommended. Appropriate winter gear should be windproof, waterproof and hefty enough to withstand the elements and keep you warm.
Adult: 7995 NOK
Child/Youth: 6795 NOK
Duration: 3 Days
Number of participants: 4-12
Degree of Difficulty: Easy/Medium
Meeting Point Hotel:
Clarion Hotel The Edge (Lobby)
- Hotel Check-in (day 1) available: 3pm (15:00)
- Gastronomic Dinner (day 1): 7pm (19:00)
- Departure to Senja (day 2): 06:30am (06:30)
- Whale Research Safari (day 2): 10am (10:00)
- Northern Lights Cruise (day 2): 8pm (20:00)
- Departure to Tromsø (day 3): 10am (10:00)
- Hurtigruten (day 3): 11:45am (11:45)
* Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled activity meeting time.
** A Wild Seas representative will be welcoming guests in the lobby.
- Children under 5 years of age cannot join this excursion
- Children between the ages of 5 and 12 can only join our boat with heated cabin
- Children 13 years and older can join our open and closed boat trips
For safety purposes, we accept a maximum of 4 children between the ages of 5 and 12 per trip. For special enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com