Join us for an unforgettable arctic experience! Become an explorer; study whales, support conservation and discover the extraordinary Northern lights. We develop unique, exclusive safaris carefully crafted with quality, comfort and excellence in mind.
Every winter off the coast of Tromsø, the gateway to the arctic, a great number of orcas and humpback whales gather to feast on rich feeding grounds. Our unique Whale Research Safari combines one of the most incredible displays nature has to offer with a captivating, in-depth research experience.
Join us and make a difference!
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to The Cetacea Project, a non-profit organization dedicated to whale research and conservation. For more information, visit www.wildseas.no
Check into a quality hotel and unwind in the beautiful surroundings of Tromsø city. Following a tasty dinner, discover the ethereal beauty of the Northern lights on an evening cruise. With any luck, the whales will find us and make this experience truly memorable.
Our marine mammal scientist will introduce you to the whales of Norway and the research program through an engaging presentation. At sea, our guests have the possibility to take part in the research and become a marine biologist for the day. Enjoy a 5-course dinner in one of Norway’s most highly acclaimed restaurants offering a fusion of traditional Norwegian dishes influenced by French cuisine and international dining trends.
Sleep-in, relax and enjoy the comfort of the hotel before checking-out. For those who wish to stay, an extra night can be added to the package for an additional cost.
Our enclosed boat with heated cabin will ensure you have a comfortable journey. For those of you wanting to live this wild Arctic adventure to the fullest, we have an open boat that will be available once our enclosed boat is fully booked. To be on our open-boat waiting list, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*An extra night’s accommodation and 48-hour pass for free access to Tromsø’s best sites and city busses can be added. Contact us at email@example.com
- Quality accommodations & food
- Gastronomic dinner
- Northern lights safari
- Whale Research Safari
- Whale research presentation
- Warm floatation suit
- Hot beverages & snacks
- Transportation (to/from meeting point)
What To Bring:
- Warm cloths and boots
- Camera and binoculars (optional)
- Sea sickness pills (if needed)
Merino wool base layers (tops and long-johns) and socks, warm boots, gloves and hats are highly recommended. Appropriate winter gear should be windproof, waterproof and hefty enough to withstand the elements and keep you warm.
Adult: 5995 NOK
Child: 5095 NOK
Duration: 3 Days
Degree of Difficulty: Easy/Medium
Meeting Point Hotel:
Clarion Hotel The Edge (Lobby)
* You will receive details confirming your hotel location/meeting point upon booking.
- Hotel Check-in (Day 1): 3pm (15:00)
- Dinner (Day 1): 6pm (18:00)
- Northern Lights Cruise (Day 1): 8pm (20:00)
- Whale Research Safari (Day 2): 9am (09:00)
- Gastronomic Dinner (Day 2): 7pm (19:00)
* Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled activity meeting time.
** A Wild Seas representative will be welcoming guests in the lobby.
- Children under 5 years of age cannot join this excursion
- Children between the ages of 5 and 12 can only join our boat with heated cabin
- Children 13 years and older can join our open and closed boat trips
For safety purposes, we accept a maximum of 4 children between the ages of 5 and 12 per trip. For special enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org