Join us for a 5-day dogsledding expedition in the wilderness! We head out from the Skibotn valley and set course for the wilderness, we pass through beautiful nature on our way to some unforgettable experiences. Trips 2020: 6., 13., 20., and 27. April
We head out from the Skibotn valley and set course for the wilderness, we pass through beautiful nature on our way to some unforgettable experiences, maybe we will catch a fish or two while ice-fishing.
Accommodation will be in our expedition tents and sleepingbags which you will learn to set up an live in.
You will also learn to cook your meals with the use of a primus.
Departure from Tromsø at 10:00 (alternativly meet us in Skibotn)
Arrival Skibotn around 12:00
A review of practical information before the trip, learn how to handle the dogs and driving a sled, a run through of safety for the trip. Afterwards we will drive up the valley and start our trip. We will drive a shorter distance with the dogs before making our camp for the night.
Dogsledding in beautiful nature. Depending on the weather we will see which way we go. A days journey can be between 20-50 km, weather dependent. If someone would like to try ice-fishing during the expedition we will arrange that as well.
Return to Skibotn about 13:00, we end the trip with lunch after tending to the dogs. If transport to Tromsø, we will be in Tromsø around 18:00.
We recommend our guests to dress well with warm under layers of wool and down. The Arctic climate can be cold, so if you are prepared you will have a good experience by keep warm through the dog sledding. We also recommend you to wear a hat, mittens, scarf and warm socks. The out layer as suits, boots you will get from us. If you are unsure about dressing, don’t worry, we will make sure you have everything you need before you go out.
- You will be responsible for 5-6 huskies each, who you will get to know and enjoy during the expedition.
- You will learn how to treat the dogs and drive your own team of dogs.
- We have jackets, which you will get to borrow and will be handed out upon arrival
- Personal equipment must be brought by yourself
- Equipmentlist will be sent out after booking
- 2 persons will share a tent
- Max. 8 persons for each trip
- Minimum 2 persons
17 650 NOK per pers (minimum age 18 years)
Trips 2020: 6., 13., 20., and 27. April
Included in the price are following:
• Expedition leader and guides
• Warm expedition jackets
• Winter boots
• Woolen socks
• Tents and equipment
• All meals during expedition, incl. Coffee/tea
• Snacks during the day such as chocolate, müslibars etc.
• Dog sledding with our Alaskan huskies is an active experience. The sled team consist of one person on one sled with a team of dogs. Alaskan huskies love to run and together with the team you have to help and push on parts of the tour. Team work is essential in dog sledding.
• Because of the activity level, we do not recommend dog sledding for people with physical disabilities, back problems, pelvic problems or for pregnant women past five months.
• Flight tickets are NOT included in the price.
Tailormade trips on request