Nansen, Bore, Wahlenberg, Svea… this beautiful route leads you to the discovery of series of small fjords and glaciers. Sea kayaking allows you to move in complete autonomy and camp every day in remote and beautiful places. Explore fjords and glaciers, hike in the great northern tundra, get closer to seals and other Arctic animals, This trip requires a good physical condition.
11 days including 8 days of sea kayaking
4 to 7 hours of kayaking per day. You should be physically fit and aware of weather conditions. Our guides are experienced kayak paddlers and will at all times ensure the groups safety. If the weather is difficult we will go trekking in the beautiful area surrounding the camps.
This trip requires to be helpfull : load and unload kayaks, clean the material. It does not take too much time. Polar regions require to be open minded. Ecological balance is a very important matter. We will ask you to be very careful and responsible to preserve the nature. Participants will be asked to assist with the polar bear watch during the night.
An experienced guide
Food and meals:
We try to offer you balanced and good meals according to conditions in Spitsbergen. You must be aware that it is difficult and even impossible to find vegetables and fresh fruits in Great North.
Breakfast: muesli, tee, coffee, hot chocolate...
Snackings are given every morning (cereal bars, dry fruits...)
Lunch : picnic, salted snacks...
Dinner: hot soup and hot meal
- Bivouac: shared tent for 2. Our tents are adapted to Spitsbergen conditions. We share our meal under a mess tent.
- 3 nights in guesthouse in Longyearbyen (rooms of 2,3 or 4 beds).
Transport to/from Longyearbyen
- Accomodation in Longyearbyen full board, except last meal in Longyearbyen (day 11)
- Experienced guide
- Kayaks and equipement for paddling: overall Helly Hansen, waterproof and dry suit, gloves, life vests, spray skirts .
Campsite equipement: shared tent, sleeping mats, sleeping bags...
Price does NOT include:
Flights to get to Longyeabyen
- Your travel insurance (cancellation and repatrition): we do not offer insurance. We strongly advise to take out such insurance and bring your documents with you when travelling
To be paid on site :
- Personal expenses
- Last meal in Longyearbyen (day 11)
Admission to museum