Join me for a walk that combines the best of Bergen with the hidden gems known only by locals. Explore the past & present with a native English-speaking guide.
Hey there! My name is Emma, and I’m an Australian who for the last six years has been calling Bergen home. I have been working in tourism ever since I moved here, and I’m excited to be able to show you this gorgeous place.
This small-group walking tour combines history, culture, and everyday life as we walk through both the most famous attractions of Bergen and the off-the-beaten path parts of the city. We will discuss not just the fascinating history of Bergen, but also what it's like to live in Bergen today - including everyday life, housing, work, education, and anything you wish to ask. We'll explore the issues currently facing Bergen today, but also what makes Bergen a special place to live. This is a tour for those who don’t just want a summary of Bergen, but also a true insight into what it is like here.
Highlights include Bryggen, the Bergen Fortress, the narrow alleys, wooden houses, historic churches, local eateries, stunning views & fun stories. You’ll taste the product that made Bergen such an important commercial city and you’ll get many ideas for where you can go once the walk is over.
With this walking tour, you'll get a feel not just for Bergen's history and culture, but also the 'real Bergen'. I want to show you the places I’ve discovered since I moved here, and the places with the most interesting stories.
See you in Bergen!
At the entrance to the Bergen Fortress – it’s a stone archway with a golden C on it.
2 hours. We do walk up small hills, some stairs, and there will be cobblestone. The total walk is about 3km, and it is done at a gentle pace.
The tour is done in English
Maximum number of participants: 10
Booking: The tour must be booked online at least 2 hours before departure.
- To receive a full refund, travelers may cancel up to 7 days before the experience start date in the local timezone. The full payment will be returned to the traveler.
- A cancellation fee of 50% applies to cancellations made less than 7 days in advance.
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies for cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance.
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies for no-shows.
- In the case of the company cancelling the tour, a 100% refund is given
- There are no refunds due to tour disruptions from extreme weather. The tour will be rescheduled. If extreme weather is forecast, the company will contact travelers well in advance to select another -time or day. The tour runs on rainy days.
|Children (under 18 years old)||150.00 Tickets|
|* Price from|