Skip to main content

Kongsvinger

Anno Kongsvinger museum

In the middle of Kongsvinger and in the middle of history
Kongsvinger museum consists of 3 facilities. Gyldenborg and Aamodtgården, which are located right next to Kongsvinger fortress, and Skinnarbøl school museum a few kilometers outside the city centre.

Our vision is "Knowledge of the past - involvement in the present". At Kongsvinger museum, we preserve knowledge of past practices through our collections. The collections are a starting point for understanding more of the past. Through history we also gain new insights and perspectives on our own time.

The museum has extended opening hours in the summer season and accepts groups on request all year round. School classes have free entry both within and outside normal opening hours.

​​​​​​Gyldenborg - Exhibitions, conference and administration
Gyldenborg is Kongsvinger Museum's headquarters with exhibitions, lecture hall, meeting room, museum shop and a small library with local history literature.

Kongsvinger Museum's exhibitions can be seen on the ground floor. In 2014 the exhibition "1814 - another story" opened and in 2021 it was replaced by the exhibition "HJEMLAND, Erik Werenskiold and Kongsvinger 1855-1905".

The department is the administrative center for the four museums in the Anno Kongsvinger region and the building also houses magazines, warehouses and workshops for the Anno Kongsvinger region. The Kulturkollektivet, Kongsvinger amateur theater and several other actors also have their offices on the top floor at Gyldenborg.

Gyldenborg was built by Forsvarsbygg in 2001, and the Anno museum moved into the building in 2013.

Aamodtgården - Get an insight into life as a civil servant
Aamodtgården at the foot of Kongsvinger fortress is one of the city's oldest signal buildings. Here you can get a tour of Nina and Harald Aamodt's apartment on the second floor. The apartment is a unique example of a civil servant's apartment furnished in the 1920s.

The garden is a paneled timber building in Empire style built in 1801. Originally it was known as Rynninggården, after Ole Roald Rynning who was the builder and first owner. The property got its current name after the Aamodt family who bought it in 1901. The property consists of the main building on two floors, a side building for servants, a farm building and the tent house from 1729, which originally belonged to Kongsvinger fortress. Kongsvinger museum opened here in 1985.

Aamodtgården is today home to Hos Marie,  a pleasant cafe that offers delicious cakes and lunch dishes, and perhaps the city's best coffee. You will also find the Kongsvinger art association here, as well as that the Kongsvinger - Vinger history team has an office in the building.

Skinnarbøl school museum - See everyday school life 150 years ago
Skinnarbøl school is located just off the main road from Kongsvinger to Austmarka, along the roads towards Finnskogen and Sweden. The history teams in Kongsvinger are hosts at the museum during the summer, and they serve strong coffee and delicious waffles!

The old school at Skinnarbøl was built as one of the first permanent schools in Vinger municipality in 1862. When the entire Skinnarbøl school district was closed down and the children moved to Kongsvinger Sentralskole in 1964, no one had a use for the old school building anymore, and it was left to expire. The school had two classrooms, one for the high school and one for the junior school, and an apartment for the teacher with two rooms and a kitchen, all on the first floor. The loft is unfurnished. Almost no structural changes have been made since the house was built.

After a combined effort from history enthusiasts and Kongsvinger museum, the school museum was opened.


Please note that this product has yet to be professionally translated. Until then a machine translation has been provided.
 

Last updated: 02/21/2024

Source: Visit Innlandet

Anno Kongsvinger museum

Your recently viewed pages