How to fish it, how to eat it, how to understand the history around it and most of all; learning the local fishing culture. Over centuries our village Lødingen has been depended upon fish. Join us over 3 exciting days - we guarantee lots of fishing, eating and fun.
Fish is a high-protein, low-fat food that provides a range of health benefits. White-fleshed fish, in particular, is lower in fat than any other source of animal protein, and oily fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids, or the "good" fats. Since the human body can’t make significant amounts of these essential nutrients, fish are an important part of the diet.
"One thing I love about fishing is that it tends to bond families if everyone takes part.
Husbands and wives and kids can all do this on an even footing, little sister might just catch something bigger than Dad did, and that’s a positive thing at times. Spending time together, being on equal footing for that particular period of time has some very positive benefits to the family and nearly every family I’ve seen begin fishing together, assumes they will hate it, and ends up wondering why they didn’t do it a long time ago" (outdoor.com)
DAY 1 (Monday)
• Arrival Lødingen and AdventureLand, Sjøvegen 6 8410 Lødingen
• A short briefing about Lødingen and what will happen during your stay
• Delivery of rooms, keys, maps and other written info
• Find rooms and discover Arctic Garden
DAY 2 (Tuesday)
• 10:00 Attendance at Lofoten Sea Products AS
• 10:15 Guiding on the premises of Lofoten Sea Products AS
• 11:00 Lunch
• 11:30 Preparation to go fishing on a boat whit “Gunnars Fiskelykke”
• 12:00 Go fishing, with traditional fishing gear. And to set longline.
• 16:00 Take care of catch. Prepare Fish & Chips for dinner.
DAY 3 (Wednesday)
• → 10:30 Shop for raw materials for dinner, at a local store. This according to the shopping list distributed on day 2
• 11:00 Out with Gunnars Fiskelykke. Pick up the line and other fishing. Lunsh out on the boat.
• 16:00 Take care of catch.
• 17:00 Dinner
Day 4 (Thursday)
• 11:00 Living room and departures
It`s served at Arctic Garden premises. A normal continental breakfast
Day 2 we serve lunch on the premises of Lofoten Sea Products. What we get depends on the season. But there will be fish / seafood of some kind.
Day 3 we serve lunch aboard the boat, or perhaps on a beach on one of the islands in the area where you are fishing.
On both days 2 and 3, the dinner will be prepared and consumed on the premises of Lofoten Sea Products. Here is the self-caught fish that will stand on the menu. And we will involve our guests in preparation, so we can transfer a little of our knowledge.
It is a small hotel in centre of Lødingen. Featuring free WiFi. A hottube in the garden (NOK700). Free private parking is available on site.
Views of the sea, mountain or garden from al rooms. Rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. A TV is available.
The area is popular for skiing, cycling and fishing. The nearest airport is Harstad/Narvik Airport, 70 km from Arctic Garden and Lødingen.
NOK 8500,- per person in dbl room based on 2 People sharing room
3 Nights and included in the price as described in the program
The package must be booked latest 30 days before arrival
and can be cancellet no later than 7 days before arrival
Number of participants
Min number is 3 og max number is 10
Phone: +47 90 72 30 64