Join us and explore the northernmost lands of the world through this unique trek in Artic area. We have selected the best hikes from two base camps in two very different regions near fjord and glaciers. After a short transfer by boat we discover Billefjord: Pyramiden a former russian city. Then your trip goes to Svea glacier.
Guided trip, hiking & discovery
10 days including 6 days of hiking
Hiking: 4 to 6 hours of hiking per day. Level moderate.
We go back each evening to our basecamp. There are not "real" hiking paths. Some hikes will be in the toundra or river crossings require to wear boots. With rainy weather the ground may be slippery and wet. We recommend to be physically prepared few weeks before departure: running, hiking, swimming ...
An experienced guide.
Food and meals:
We try to offer you balanced and good meals according to conditions in Spitsbergen. You must be aware that it is difficult and even impossible to find vegetables and fresh fruits in Great North.
Breakfast: muesli, tee, coffee, hot chocolate...
Snackings are given every morning (cereal bars, dry fruits...)
Lunch : picnic, salted snacks...
Dinner: hot soup and hot meal
- Bivouac: shared tent for 2. Our tents are adapted to Spitsbergen conditions. We share our meal under a mess tent.
- 2 nights in guesthouse in Longyearbyen (rooms of 2,3 or 4 beds). Common kitchen and shared facilities.
Transport to/from Longyearbyen
- Accomodation in Longyearbyen full board, except last meal in Longyearbyen (day 9)
- Experienced guide
Price does NOT include:
Flights to get to Longyeabyen
- Your travel insurance (cancellation and repatrition): we do not offer insurance. We strongly advise to take out such insurance and bring your documents with you when travelling
To be paid on site :
- Personal expenses
- Last meal in Longyearbyen (day 9)