Bø’s “New Church” was built in the new gothic style. While it is unknown who drew the plans for the church, it is likely that it was the same person who designed the other churches in both Bø and Lunde. These churches are so alike that there is reason to believe the same blueprints were used. The resolution to build the new church was made in 1869. It was to have 700 seats, so there was no need for a chapel. Blueprints and land for the building, the cemetery, and the new road were granted free of charge. A private entrepreneur started the work, but it was soon taken over by the county. The church was blessed by priest Bent Wettergren in absence of the bishop on 3 June, 1875. The church was poor during its first years and did not have an organ until 1882. It could not even afford an organist, and the first organist was not assigned until 1888. The church has received many donations from the community and various organizations through the years, demonstrating that local people have been interested in and appreciative of their church. The engraved psalms, candlesticks, chandelier, altar cloths, pulpit cloths, beautiful green chasubles: all are gifts. The women’s group has donated the two beautiful wedding chairs. The church received a new altar after the Second World War as part of the financial support for renovation and decoration. The intricate wood carvings on the altar, pulpit, acolyte’s chair, and gallery were primarily carved by Halvor Slettemeås. The three paintings on the altar were by Victor Sparre. In 1965 the Bø community organized funds for a new organ for the church. It is a fine instrument, built by Jørgensens in Oslo. There are two manuals and 18 registers.