Have you ever dreamt of doing ski touring in Svalbard? Our bespoken ski touring tours in scenic Svalbard nature are unique. Backyard Svalbard is a passionate crew of ski guides, and we will help you find the best fitted tour for your group.
Longyearbyen’s backyard is a beautiful mountainous area to explore. Being directly accessible from the city, it presents us with a wide panel of randonnée skiing possibilities of all difficulty levels, fitting all skiers from beginners to experts. Whether you are keen on a chill day with stunning views and relaxed skiing or eager to take a summit run and reach as many peaks as you can in the day, your private guide will know where to bring you for a perfect Arctic skiing adventure!
If you choose to go with snowmobiles, then our range is massively wider. The distances become shorter, so we can reach and explore more mountain ranges and valleys, as well as head to mountains with even more impregnable summit views, immaculate snow and total solitude. The ski and snowmobile version of this tour is the perfect option if you’re keen on exploring more of Svalbard, and gives you the chance to discover some of the hidden gems our Arctic home has to offer. You can even choose whether you want to drive your own snowmobile or be a passenger with our guide!
Your guide will meet you in front of your hotel at 8.30am. Together you’ll decide on the day’s adventure, depending on the conditions and on what you would like to experience. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced skier, your guide will make the best of the terrain to find the good snow and nice lines to ride, and will take care of your comfort and enjoyment to give you the best of Svalbard on skis. Your guide drives you back to the hotel at the end of the day.
You need to have an average fitness level.
Your guide will adapt the tour to your experience level and to the conditions.
The estimated duration of a tour may vary from 6 to 8 hours.
What equipment do I need to join?
- Full randonnée skiing equipment (skis, skins, boots, poles)
- Solid outdoor clothing with windproof outer layers and warm inner layers
- Day-trip backpack (30-40L)
- Avalanche kit (shovel, probe, beacon)
- Extra down jacket (for the breaks)
- Driver’s license if you want to drive your own snowmobile. A driver's license for a car, light motorcycle, motorcycle or tractor must be brought on the tour in order to drive a snowmobile.
An exhaustive list of the necessary equipment will be provided to you upon booking.
Equipment that can be rented if you don’t have
- Randonnée skiing equipment (800nok/day) – from Sportscenteret
- Avalanche kit (500nok/day)
- Day-trip backpack (200nok/day)
The tour includes:
- Transportation to and from the hotel
- Snacks and hot drinks
- Certified Svalbard guide
- Adequate safety equipment
- Search and Rescue insurance
We highly recommend all guests to have a valid travel insurance.
Minimum 1 participant, maximum 6 participants.
Minimum age limit: 10 years
- Ski touring without snowmobile: NOK 2990
- Ski touring with snowmobile: NOK 6000
- Ski touring with transport by sled: NOK 4990
Contact us for booking or if you have any questions:
Tel: +47 988 02 283
|Adults||2,990.00 Per person|
|* Price from|