There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
Individual cycling package tour (3 days) from lake Mjøsa to lake Randsfjorden with 2 nights at Granum gård.
Cycle package tour from Mjøsa to the Randsfjorden and back. This tour includes several stretches with uphill cycling and is therefore suitable for those with cycling experience. The trip starts and ends at Gjøvik by lake Mjøsa and takes 2 nights/ 3 days. The 2nd day offers a cycling tour along the lake Randsfjorden.
You cycle along old historic roads in a quiet cultural landscape with many fine views over both Mjøsa and the Randsfjorden. The cycle route on day 1 is approx. 30 km long and due to a lot of climbing at the start, this is for the slightly more trained or for those who ride electric bikes. On day 2 you cycle around the northern part of Randsfjorden and on the third day you cycle back to Gjøvik.
You will stay two nights at Granum Gård. This farm has been inhabited since the Viking Age and has been in the current owner's family since 1804. The farm still has its original farm yard and is located up in the hillside with a fantastic view over the Randsfjord. Here, Lars Harald and Marianne welcome you to spend the night in the newly restored boarding house with a historic atmosphere and a homely environment. The boarding house's 1st and 2nd floors are approved for accommodation and we have several rooms on the second floor as well as a shared bathroom/WC in the hallway. On the first floor we have a bedroom and a bathroom/wc adapted for the disabled.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 2 nights single/double room
- 2 breakfast
- 1 two-course dinner on the day of arrival
You can order dinner for day 2 as an optional product to the package price.
- Arrival by car/train at Gjøvik
- The cycle trip to Granum gård, over the 'Ridevegen', starts here: you cycle through the town to the Eiketunet open-air museum, and further over country roads to the Vardal church (here you can have lunch at the rectory barn and guiding in the church if desired), on to Mustad Gård and onto the marked the Ridevegen hiking trail through idyllic forest terrain to Bergegarda and Granum Gård.
- Dinner and overnight in the historic boarding house at Granum Gård.
- At Granum you can hear the exciting local history from settlement in the Viking Age, sheriff's farm, shuttle station, forest culture, occupation and famous artists. The hosts are happy to guide you around the old houses and to the German bunker on the farm.
- Breakfast at Granum farm.
If you want to bring a packed lunch on the day trip, you can order it from the host.
- Cycle tour around the northern end of the Randsfjorden and the Dokka Delta. You will receive a map of the route from the host.
You cycle/roll down the old Ridevegen to Fluberg church. Fluberg church from 1703 was the main church in Land and the oldest in the municipality. If you wish, you can get guidance in the church.
Then you cycle on towards Fluberg Bru and the bird conservation area. On the way there you can visit Mettemors Drøm, an idyllic vintage farm shop. When you have passed the bridge you may see deer at Setton Gård. Here you can arrange a visit to the farm shop at the game butchery and get short-distance local food with you on the trip. Then you cycle north on the west side along the idyllic Randsfjord past the war memorial at Haga, author Olav Viker's family estate and Våten at the Dokka Delta (you can also rent a canoe here).
Eventually you reach the village of Dokka with cozy cafes and shops. Here is also the Lands Museum - a large open-air museum right next to the city center where you can see works by Peder Aadnes.
Back home, you cycle to Odnes by bike and footpath. With a short detour to the Dokkadelta Våtmarkssenter you will come down to the water and the bird tower etc. A local beer producer is also just down the road. At Bjørnen cafe you can eat soft ice cream and/or dinner etc. They also have a small general store with short-traveled products.
- You can eat dinner along the way - e.g. at Bjørnen cafe - or you can order it in advance at Granum gård.
- Back at Granum you can enjoy the fantastic view over the Randsfjord until late in the evening before a good night's sleep before the last day.
- Breakfast at Granum before cycling back to Gjøvik.
- This route is a little easier as there is not much of a climb and you have Mjøsutsikt much of the way.
- Back in Gjøvik, you can enjoy the rest of the day in the city with a visit to Gjøvik chocolate, Gjøvik farm (tour every day) or Eiktunet?
If desired, we can offer transport of luggage round trip Gjøvik - Granum for a small fee. Please contact the host directly to arrange a time: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Per person 1670||Price from|