Are you looking for a spectacular experience off the beaten track in a World Heritage Site? This unique product combines fjordcruise, e-biking from the fjord and hiking to Breiskrednosi mountain, which offers an airy view of the UNESCO-listed Nærøyfjord.
The guide will meet you at Myrkdalen Hotel. First we will drive to Flåm and take a fjordcruise on the narrow and beautiful fjord which is featured on the UNESCO’s World Heritage List. After approximately 1 hour, 20 minutes we will stop at the roadless village Dyrdal. Here we gear up with e-bikes and helmets and start biking slowly up the gravel road towards the mountain farms at Hjølmo.
At the houses on the terrace above the fjord, our local guide will tell you how life was in this charming village, which in the olden days had over 100 permanent inhabitants, a post office and hospital.
After 6 km and approximately 500 vertical metres on the bike, we will stop at the mountain farms at Hjølmo. Here we will leave our bikes behind and continue on foot. The first 2,5 km of the hike to the mountain farms at Vassete is in relatively flat terrain. Here we will have a proper break and get our energy levels up before we continue up the steep hill towards the top. The last kilometre is in flat terrain before we walk up to Breiskrednosi mountain, which offers an airy view of the UNESCO-listed Nærøyfjord. It's hard to describe the stunning view at the top. You have to experience it yourself!
We will return the same way and bike slowly down the gravel road to Dyrdal. On hot summer days the fjord offers a refreshing swim before we take the boat back to Flåm and drive to Myrkdalen Hotel.
This is a long tour which combines biking and hiking. The lower age limit is therefore 15 years.
- Biking experience: The biking is not physical demanding, but you need to have sufficient bike experience to bike in a controlled manner down a relatively steep gravel road after a long day in the mountains.
- The hiking is partly in high mountain terrain and the weather conditions can change fast. You need to be fit and have hiking experience in steep and uneaven terrain.
All participants must have sturdy hiking boots/shoes, and a backpack with water and wind proof clothing, food and drink. Information regarding the equipment needed will be sent to each participant.
- Departure from Myrkdalen Hotel at 8.15 am
- Fjord Cruise from Gudvangen to Dyrdal at 9.30 am
- Arrival Dyrdal at 10.50 am
- Guided bike & hike to Breiskrednosi
- Fjord Cruise from Dyrdal to Flåm at 6.10 pm
- Arrival Flåm at 7.30 pm
- Arrival at Myrkdalen Hotel at approximately 8.15 pm
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Fjord Cruise on the Nærøy Fjord to Dyrdal return ( 1 hour, 20 minutes each way)
- Guided e-bike tour on a gravel road from Dyrdal to Hjølmo return (12 km in total)
- E-bike and helmet rental
- Guided hiking tour from Hjølmo to Breiskrednosi mountain return (12 km in total)
Please note that transport from Myrkdalen Hotel to Flåm is not included in this package. Please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need transport.
NOK 2695,- per person
Lower age limit: 15 years
1 - 8 people