Brusand beach, popular sandy beach sheltered by sand dunes. Access from the north of the beach near the parking. One of the most significant and visible geological changes in the landscape, from the hilly and craggy landscapes of Dalane, to the flat landscape north from Brusand.
Brusand beach, popular sandy beach sheltered by sand dunes. Access from the north of the beach near the parking. One of the most significant and visible geological changes in the landscape, from the hilly and craggy landscapes of Dalane, to the flat landscape north from Brusand. Nationally, the sand dunes are extraordinary and in sharp contrast to the southern landscape. Lagune and river stream create variation.
Armor blocks formed by large rows of concrete, called the Hitler teeth, is a characteristic sight here. Northwest of the Hitler teeth are also a six meter wide and three meter deep trench that used to be a tanks trench during the war.
Important information on how to behave along the beaches at Jæren
- It is forbidden to drive motorised vehicles
- In the bird protection areas, you cannot exercise activities of disturbing effect; surfing, board sailing, kiting and dog walking.
- It is prohibited to surf/board sailing/kiting in the bird protected areas from 1 October to 31 March
- Horseback riding, bike riding, camping and tenting in the sand dunes are prohibited
- You must not walk on farmland during the growing season
- Respect people’s privacy. Do not set up a tent any nearer than 150 meters from a house or a cottage
- Permission from land owner if you camp for longer than 2 nights
- Do not light a fire in nature between 15 April to 15 September
- Respect the fact that other might use the area as their livelihood
- If you bring along a dog in nature, you are obligated to keep it on a leash where livestock are grazing. Remember the general laws on keeping dogs on a leash
- For hunting and fishing, special rules apply that you need to be aware of
- Flying with drones are forbidden throughout the entire landscape protection area
- Larger events are not allowed without a special dispensation
For the more experienced surfers, the conditions are more rewarding in autumn. Remember it is prohibited to surf/board sail/kite on beaches affected by bird protection (1 Oct – 31 March). Kiting is only possible on the following beaches: Sola, Hellestø, Byberg, Bore and Brusand.