has an equally dramatic past as the city itself. The beautiful empire building we see today is the fourth in the series of churches on this site.
Immanuel's church is the largets church in Halden. It was, as we know it today, inaugurated in 1833.
located on the farm Torps land just below the ancient sacred place Hov and the village's original main farm Bø. In other words, in Idds economic and cultural center. It is an old medieval stone church, erected sometime in the 1100s.
is located on a low ridge on the west side of Femsjøen. the cemetery is
surrounded by a stone wall with entrance in the north. West of the old cemetery there is a newer cemetery with the tomb chapel. It is not known when the first church house in Asak was built, but it is suggested sometime in the 1200s.
has a free location on a hill about two kilometers north of Iddefjorden. It is a medieval stone church.
Berg Church has seen two major restorations in the past hundred years, the first one in 1876 and later in 1936.
Southern Enningdalen Chapel is a long church from the year 1956.
The church is built of wood and has 100 seats.
was built in 1795 and is the only one in Østfold which is characterized by the ease and style of Louis Seize.
is medieval, but it is not possible to determine the exact year of construction. The walls are of stone and up to a meter thick. Rokke church was last restored in 1966, when a porch facing west was added to the curch.
was inaugurated in 1865. It is a long church built in brick stone with about 250 seats.
St. Peter Catholic Church
was designed by the Dutch architect Albert Cuipers. The church was consecrated on 10 October 1877, both the congregation and the church was named after the apostle Peter.
In fact the existing church, built of brick, stands without a tower, and with relatively high ceilings, only accounts for about a third of what edifice the architect originally had designed.