Citybox is a economy hotel that combines simplicity with comfort and low prices. The hotel is located in the heart of Bergen.
Citybox is a modern budget hotel with fixed low prices.
Our hotel rooms are cheap because we are able to keep costs low, while at the same time offering our guests what they want most: a simple and tasteful room with a comfy bed, a good chair, a writing desk and pegs to hang their clothes on.
We offer both single rooms (10-11 sqm), double rooms (12-15 sqm), family rooms (18-25 sqm) and large double rooms (18-25 sqm), either with or without a private bathroom. Rooms without a private bathroom shares with one other room.
We also have free wireless internet for all our guests.
If you want to spend money on other things than a minibar and room service, then Citybox is the place for you. Bergen is full of bars. Why would you want one in your room?
Citybox combines simplicity with comfort and low prices. The hotel is located in the heart of Bergen, right beside the Grieg Hall. It takes around five minutes to walk to the city centre and the bus station, railway station and airport bus stop are also within five minutes' walking distance. The airport bus takes around 25 minutes to/from the airport.
Book your stay in Bergen here at visitBergen.com or call us.
Check-in/check-out: Citybox is different from ordinary hotels. Because you book, pay and check in and check out yourself, Citybox does not have a staffed reception desk. From 9.00 to 23.00 from May to September and from 9.00 to 16.30 from October to April, our Citybox host is available at the hotel or on a direct line in the reception – just lift up the phone beside the check-in terminal.
When you arrive at Citybox, you check in at our check-in terminal using the booking number and password you have been sent by email. The terminal prints a receipt and then a key card for your room. The rooms are ready for checking in by 16.00 at the latest on arrival day, but you can check in whenever you like after that.
You must vacate your room by 12.00 on your departure day. After that time, the key card will no longer be valid.
When you book via visitBergen.com, your credit card number is registered as a guarantee for the booking. You pay for the room at the check-in terminal upon arrival. The terminal accepts Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Maestro, Diners and BankAxept (ordinary payment cards). You cannot pay in cash.
You can cancel/change your booking up until 24 hours before arrival. Send your cancellation to email@example.com quoting your booking number.
Our room types:
Citybox offers single and double rooms, as well as family rooms with room for four people.
You can choose a room with an en suite bathroom or a shared bathroom. If you choose a room with a shared bathroom, you only share it with one other room.
• In addition to a writing desk with a lamp and chair, all the rooms have pegs you can hang clothes on. Some rooms also have an easy chair/sofa and coffee table.
• The beds at Citybox have high-quality box mattresses. The double rooms have two beds placed together. The family rooms also have bunk beds.
• An extra bed costs NOK 150 (NOK 125 for a child's bed)
• Bed linen and towels are included in the room price
• The hotel rooms are cleaned upon departure, but not during short stays unless you order extra cleaning in return for payment. During longer stays, the rooms are cleaned once a week.
• You can buy breakfast at a café in the lobby. You can buy breakfast, as well as light meals, coffee and tea of the finest quality. To see the menu, go to www.beanandbreakfast.no
• Laundry with ironing facilities. Wash/dry (coin-operated, NOK 15 per machine). There is a TV in the TV lounge on the ground floor.
• Parking spaces are available in GriegPark just across the street. They cost approx. NOK 180.
• Smoking is not permitted at Citybox.
• You get free wireless internet access by using a code you obtain from the check-in terminal.
Citybox will be closed from 1. November 2016 until 1. June 2017 due to renovations.