General info about the cross country skiing tracks in Østre Toten
The web of cross country skiing tracks in Østre Toten municipality is maintained mainly by voluntary oranizations using a combination of ordinary skiing track machines and scooters with economical support from the municipality.
During snowy winters, our great voluntary partners take care of their surrounding area in the cultural landscape:
- Østre Toten skilag,
- Kolbu idrettslag,
- IL Kolbukameratene,
- Lensbygda sportsklubb,
- Toppen IL og
- Viken skiklubb.
Stay tuned on the preparation status
Most of the track preparation machines carry a GPS, making it possible to check when the tracks was last prepared on skisporet.no. This will give a heads up of the current status and also functions as an ever-updated map.
- Check the cross country skiing track preparation status
- Read or download the skiing map from Totenåsløyper (includes smaller non GPS-tracked routes)
Totenåsløyper has created several recommended trips in the area with descriptions and route profiles. You may check out the trips on their homepage. (These descriptions is only in Norwegian, we recommend using Google Chrome for on-page translations.)
- Oksbakken / Rausteinshytta
- Oksbakken / Tjuvåsen / Rausteinshytta
- Sisselrotkampen / Rausteinshytta
- Torsætra / Rausteinshytta
Wish you a great trip! :)